We are using Zoom video conferencing software for meetings to help the students stay connected with their teachers and each other. This software is user friendly, and does not even require you to create an account or sign in to anything.
Computer/Android device/iOS device
- Go to https://zoom.us/join and enter the Meeting ID which you were given.
- If this is your first time using Zoom on this device, it will install the software to your computer. Each time afterwards, it will ask you if it can open the program.
- Once the program opens, make sure to start your video so you can be seen! The teacher will let you know if they would like you to unmute your microphone.
- Note: this program uses a lot of data to send and receive video, so make sure you are connected to a WiFi internet source if you are using your cell phone and have a limited data plan. If you do not have this available, you can call into the meeting with a regular phone call.
- If you do not have internet access, you can connect to a Zoom meeting by a regular phone call. You will not be able to see anyone, but you will be able to hear all that is going on.
- Dial (408) 638-0968.
- You will be asked for the Meeting ID. Enter that on your keypad, then press #
- You will asked for your participant ID. We are not setting these up, so just press #
- You should now be connected to the meeting, and will be able to hear everything that is going on.